when you see it, say it
As the master of unintended malapropisms and misquoted proverbs I have to admit a tinge of sadness when I noticed the passing of Yogi Berra. Not only a legendary baseball player and multiple World Series winner, he was equally well known for his Yogi-isms, many of which came to light in the appropriately titled memoir ‘The Yogi Book: I Really Didn’t Say Everything I said!’ Here’s a few of the classics:
– Half this game is 90% mental.
– He did all my thinking for me.
– When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
– If you can’t imitate him, don’t copy him.
– It’s so crowded, nobody goes there anymore.
– A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.
– You wouldn’t have won if we’d beaten you.
– We have a good time together, even when we’re apart.
Everyone’s a winner!